Much of Bermuda's water is collected on roofs and stored in tanks and this unique system makes water a precious Island commodity during dry weather.
To conserve water - and keep your tank clean - follow these helpful tips from the Ministry of Works and Engineering and Housing, the Department of Health and the Department of Environmental Protections.
- Install fixtures for low water use
- Regularly inspect fixtures and water tanks
- Repair leaks as quickly as possible
- Washing your car? Use a bucket instead of a hose
- Take short showers instead of baths
- Water lawns and gardens minimally
- Turn water off when it is not in use
- Wash full size loads of laundry
- Order appropriate amounts of water
- Leave room for rainfall in your water tank